On this mysterious terrain, behind high fences and strict security, the factory of the Dutch Army produced firearms, artillery and ammunition from 1895 onwards.
Tapada das Necessidades seems to be a hidden and forgotten park in Lisbao. The history of this one goes back to 1742, when the ground was bought by king João V of Portugal. He built a palace and turned the area into a private garden and hunting place. It was a climb uphill along a big wall to find an entrance, but we managed to get in.
This abandoned castle with chapel was founded in 1876 by the wealthy Antwerp shipowner Frans Huger. It is located in a park with century-old beech and chestnut trees. Today nothing remains of the beautiful place that nineteenth-century Goorhof was under the previous owners.