This abandoned monumental farm, built around 1850, is situated in the middle of Frisian meadows. We are not only here in an abandoned and derelict monumental farm, but the area around this farm is also historically and archaeologically of special significance.
The farm was built on the edge of an archaeological mound and ancient maps show that a female-monastery stood right on this spot in the 12th century. Old historical sources even tell us that in the year 1287, when the flood of St. Lucia flooded this part of Friesland, 30 nuns drowned.
The owner of the farm, a single farmer, died about three years ago and since then the farm defies lonely in the open, wide landscape.