Raša Coal Mine 1928-1966 (HR)

Exploitation of coal in the Raša mine, as one of the mines in Raša coal basin, began in 1928. In Krapan, a settlement near Raša, mining started back in 1626, but only at the time of the Mussolini fascist era exploitation of coal in Raša mine experienced the real expansion. Raša coal basin employed more than 10,000 workers, and the coal basin was distributed to 30 floors with almost 400 km long branching transport corridors. Raša mine was closed in 1966, mainly due to the exhaustion of the site and the all-present crisis.

Comments

comments