On the northern side of Pula bay stretches out the former Naval Base Katarina, originally built as part of the Austro-Hungarian defence system of the city of Pula and further extended during Italian rule.
This abandoned monumental farm, built around 1850, is situated in the middle of Frisian meadows. We are not only here in an abandoned and derelict monumental farm, but the area around this farm is also historically and archaeologically of special significance.
Wahn: once a flourishing village, but since the Second World War a ruin in an area which is still the largest military training area in Europe.
On this mysterious terrain, behind high fences and strict security, the factory of the Dutch Army produced firearms, artillery and ammunition from 1895 onwards.
Due to the presence of many factories, port warehouses, storage tanks and cranes Queen Wilhelmina Harbour is a bustling area. Many old warehouses disappeared and they made room for storage tanks for the current industry.